Tortuga Backpack founders Jeremy Cohen & Fred Perrotta asked for my 2 cents on crowdfunding since we got 111% funded & still raising (now $29k) for the next location.
In This Episode
- 01:54 Listener reviews
- 04:49 Basic principles of crowdfunding: the nuts and bolts
- 09:12 The “campaign” before the campaign
- 13:12 Set minimum asking price
- 18:05 The money-maker? YOUR VIDEO!
- 22:29 Tracking down video professionals
- 24:27 Meet Elvina Beck of Podshare
- 24:56 How Podshare started
- 26:49 Airbnb testing and researching price points
- 30:19 Sticking it to the man: The reason for Elvina’s Indiegogo campaign
- 36:19 Why Indiegogo?
- 40:41 Elvina’s awesome video
- 45:07 Donation experiences
- 48:59 Elvina’s advice and business model
- 54:55 Word to the Wise