Facebook hosted a small business training course from 830am to 1030am @ JW Marriott – L.A. LIVE today.
Facebook has 128 million users daily.
- –> What value can you provide on FaceBook that’s not available physically?
- –> People want consistency, something to expect by following you. So pick days per week for posts. 3-5x ideal.
- –> ask customers (guests in my case) to post photos
- –> Feature a customer of the week, or for us, maybe a “selfie in a pod” post
- –> Post promotions/contests. For us, that could mean backpack and t-shirt give-aways.
- –> Get creative! “If you come in the next 2 hours, get a free roll of toilet paper with your sandwich.” Post during lunchtime.
- –> Newsfeed ads do better than column ads (bigger and available on both mobile and desktop)
- –> Boost posts that are doing well, not ones that aren’t. If they aren’t resonating with an existing audience then don’t pump money into it.
- –> See call to action buttons specific to your business like “buy now” and “install now” for apps
- –> Use your mailing or phone list to create audiences (such as “loyal customers”) to boost specific posts to. Then do “look alike” list for new users who match the profiles of your imported list (created targeted ads to specific type of person/sex/location etc.). For PodShare, that may be using our existing guest list and attracting attention to our EXPAND video.
- –> What time do my customers use Facebook? So much competition on the news feed and FB pulls the most relevant posts. Schedule posts.